- Denne begivenhed er allerede afholdt.
THE PATH OF ACTIONS: Summer session
5. juli | 18:00 – 20. juli | 18:00
Residential Theatre Workshop led by Valerio Peroni and Alice Occhiali
“The path of actions” is a residential theatre workshop with a pedagogical and performative aim.
The workshop is also an occasion to meet new possible collaborators for future projects.
PRESENTATION OF THE WORKSHOP
The workshop will be divided into two sections:
In the first section participants will train and create materials in the working room and in the second section they will adapt the work to open spaces with training in close contact with nature and the adaptation of creative materials to outside places such as woods, beaches, fields, etc.
The aim is to transform unconventional spaces into stages where participants can interact with natural scenography.
Focal point of the workshop is the actor’s dramaturgy in its various phases: From training to creation of characters.
The workshop will focus on the study of scenic action: Physical, vocal and inner.
The aim is to provide the tools to properly approach the use of the “pre-expressive” moment of the training as a steppingstone towards the “expressive” dimension that presides over the creation of scenic material.
Each participant will create his/her own character through improvisation and physical composition (rhythms, dynamic qualities, use of objects and scores (sequences) of actions.
The character will be linked to the creative theme “Elsewhere”.
Establishing a bridge with the training, participants will create the scores of actions, giving life to small scenes that in the second section of the workshop will be adapted from the working room to the natural open spaces.
THEME OF THE CREATIVE PROCESS
The creative materials will be inspired by the theme of the “Elsewhere”.
“Elsewhere”, from Latin “Aliter Ubi”, literally means “different where”, a poetic space where memories and dreams melt together.
Participants will be giving life to characters entrapped and suspended in their own personal “Elsewhere”.
In the creative process the idea is to build this world, giving to the actors the possibility to move inside that space full of archetypes and familiar suggestions.
They will put their own personal images in motion using their bodies and voices in relation with space, objects and music, finding a strong connection to the most intimate thoughts and memories of human beings.
Watching from outside it will be like observing curiously from a window the entire life lived by the unique human beings chosen to inhabit the “Elsewhere”.
THE DAILY WORK WILL BE DIVIDED INTO TWO PARTS
- This part includes psycho-physical training of the actor both in groups and as individual exercises inspired by the work of masters of the 20th century theatrical tradition (Konstantin Stanislavskij, Vsevolod Meyerhold, Michael Chekhov, Jacques Lecoq, Jerzy Grotowski and Eugenio Barba).
- The work will focus on the study of scenic action: physical, vocal and inner.
- Attention will be given especially to the physical action and the study of its three parameters (speed, volume, and intensity).
- Every participant will be solicited and helped to express her/himself, through various theatre techniques with a physical approach. Through both individual and group exercises the actors will develop both their attentiveness and stage presence, rediscovering and exploring new creative possibilities of their own bodies, voices and imagination.
- In the “expressive” moment the work will focus on the theme “Elsewhere” as a creative starting point.
- The creation of characters will be linked to the theme through elaboration of scores (sequences of actions) related to a text and props.
- Participants will choose a monologue linked somehow to the theme proposed. The monologue can be taken from plays from the dramaturgical repertoire or from a poetic text of any author to their own liking.
- With all these creative materials, helped and directed by the pedagogues, participants will give life to their own original staging, taking care of each detail, from the creation and composition of the scenic space to the choice of costume and objects used by the character.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
- 6000 kr. Dkk. / 806,00 € Regular price
- 4500 kr. Dkk. / 605,00 € Student* / Group discount from same organization/institute.
*Students need to provide student card or other educational certificate to get the student price
Included in price:
- Full workshop including work demonstrations, meetings and all activities according to workshop program
- Access to working spaces and common areas, such as Music room, Library, Archive and Video room
- Accommodation in shared room, bathroom and showers
- Kitchen facilities to prepare and eat inducing fridges to keep personal food
- Acces to washing machine
- Travel to and from the theater
Background could be actors, theatre students, dancers, performers, musicians, and anyone with a passion and interest in discovering techniques and tools of theatre practice
- Regular application before 1st of june
Selected participants will receive an e-mail with confirmation on the 2nd of June. Payment for the workshop before 8th of June.
- Number of seats: 12
- Participants will arrive at the theatre on the 5th of July and depart on the 20th of July 2023.
- The workshop is conducted in English, but the leaders can also communicate in Italian and Spanish
- All participants will receive an official Certificate of Participation